Top 5 Ways to Make Memories with Mom this Mother’s Day Weekend (when you’re all brunched out!)
The experiential economy is booming and many people want to make memories instead of giving gifts! From cooking classes to candlemaking, there is a lot going on in LA this Mother’s Day weekend and we’ve rounded up our list of the top 5 ways to make memories with Mom. There’s so much going on in LA, we hope one of these ideas is right up your alley!
- OK so we’re a little biased on this one. Join one of our Mother’s Day candlemaking workshops and Make with Mom! Work with expert chandler and founder of Banter & Bliss Candle Co. to learn how to create your own custom scented candles! Space is limited to 30 guests at each location (San Pedro/Long Beach area & Pasadena) and RSVP is required. First 10 guests to RSVP get $5 off! RSVP here.
- Macarons are always a good idea and this Mother’s Day you can treat Mom to macaron-making at Sur La Table in Los Angeles featuring the flavors of strawberries and Champagne. They’ll walk you through all the steps, from mixing batter and baking macarons to infusing cream with basil and preparing ganache and buttercream fillings. Please note: Students under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Class price is per person. More information and RSVP here.
- Candles, macarons, what’s next? Flowers of course! If you’re looking for a fun activity, look no further than Vintage Grocers in Westlake. The store will be hosting a “Blossoms & Blooms” floral arrangement class on Saturday, May 12 from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. At this workshop, attendees can learn from an expert florist on how to create a lovely centerpiece for one’s home (which also doubles as the perfect Mother’s Day gift), while also providing a fun opportunity for family members to spend an afternoon together. Vintage Grocers will also be serving Muddle & Wild non-alcoholic spring mocktails and tasty snacks. More information and RSVP here.
- If painting is your vibe, check out Paint Nite—the original painting party! There are a variety of Paint Nite classes going on in LA this Mother’s Day weekend like this one hosted by local artist Howard Gindoff at 6:30 PM on Mother’s Day at Mimi’s Café in Los Feliz.
- Is your Mom dead set on staying in bed this Mother’s Day and saying no to brunch (yes, we’ve heard that’s a thing this year!). Then check out Verlocal and Groupon for a variety of workshop and class offerings from local companies. From macramé to mimosa-making, you’re bound to find something Mom with love to do! Buy today, gift for Mother’s Day, and redeem at your (and Mom’s) leisure!
What’s your idea of an epic Mother’s Day?