It’s no surprise that scent brings back memories. A whiff of apple pie might evoke memories of holiday visits to grandma’s house or the smell of cotton candy and kettle corn might remind you of visits to the State Fair. So, it only makes scents (pun intended!) that you’d want to incorporate fragrance into your wedding. Here are five ways to incorporate scent into your wedding that will ensure that the memories of your perfect day last a lifetime!
- Signature Scent Wedding Favors - Choose a signature wedding scent that reflects your personality and the vibe you want for your special day and integrate it throughout your entire reception. For example, if you’re getting married at the beach you might select our Bamboo Citron scent—a naturally subtle scent inspired by a hike through Maui's Pipiwai Trail. Opting for a garden wedding? Our Pink Petals & Black Currant scent combines fresh roses with black currant to create a sophisticated fragrance suitable for a lush garden setting. Gift your guests a custom labeled and custom scented candle as a wedding favor and when they burn it, they’ll be taken back to beautiful memories of your special day! All of our couples design their own custom wedding scent and label for a truly personalized wedding favor.
- Tablescape/Centerpieces - Incorporate candles into your tablescape to diffuse a captivating aroma throughout the venue. The flickering flames create a romantic setting that your guests won’t soon forget and keep your signature scent wafting through the air.
- Line the Aisle - There’s no better way to make sure that your signature scent will evoke long-lasting memories than smelling it as you’re walking down the aisle! Line the aisle with scented pillar candles or large container candles that carry your scent all the way to the altar!
- Bridal Party Gifts - Ask your Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids with a signature candle! Any of our candle offerings can be custom labeled with the names of your Maid of Honor/Bridesmaids, your wedding date, your wedding location, and “Will you be my Maid of Honor?” or “Will you be my Bridesmaid?”
- On Location Candle-making - Perhaps the most unique way to incorporate fragrance into your wedding is to bring the Banter & Bliss Candle Co. Bar Cart™ to your wedding. Your guests will be able to make their own candle favors on location at your wedding! Choose a signature scent or choose a selection of scents inspired by places that you’ve traveled as a couple and finish off your favors with a custom label designed by you! The Bar Cart™ is a beautiful addition to any wedding reception and is an interactive and sensory experience that your guests will love! It's a perfect wedding reception activity for the DIY bride or couples that are inspired by travel. And the best part is, The Bar Cart™ travels! We've done events in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, Ventura, Riverside, Ojai and more! For more information about Banter & Bliss on location candle-making experiences, please contact us or request a quote!
Congratulations on your big day!
P.S. Are you a bride-to-be? Follow us on Instagram @banterandbliss. We’re planning some epic giveaways that you’ll WANT to know about!